How it works
Build a successful managed security service with USM Central.
AlienVault USM Is Fast and Simple for MSSPs to Deploy and Manage
The AlienVault® Unified Security Management® (USM) platform is affordable, fast to deploy, and easy to manage. As a cloud-hosted service, USM Anywhere™ significantly reduces the cost and burden of on-site installation, management, and hardware maintenance. Because AlienVault manages the platform availability, security, log storage, and updates, you save significantly on time, effort, and total cost of ownership (TCO).
With USM Anywhere, only a lightweight sensor component sits in the customer’s cloud or on-premises environment, and setup is as simple as connecting the sensor to the USM Anywhere service in the AlienVault Secure Cloud. So, you can start detecting threats from Day One.
In addition, AlienVault USM supports a modern federation architecture, ideal for MSSPs. With USM Central™, MSSPs gain centralized visibility of all alarm activity from their customers’ deployments.
Start Detecting Threats in 5 Easy Steps
Step One: Deploy Lightweight Sensors in Your Environment
To get started with AlienVault Unified Security Management (USM) Anywhere, simply download and deploy a cloud or virtual sensor in your cloud or on-premises environments.
USM Anywhere cloud sensors natively monitor Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure Cloud. On-premises, virtual sensors run on VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V to monitor your physical and virtual IT infrastructure.
Step Two: Scan Your Environment for Assets & Vulnerabilities
Once your USM sensors are installed and configured, you can begin to monitor your cloud and on-premises environments. When you log in to your USM Anywhere account, you can launch and schedule regular scans to discover assets and identify any vulnerabilities on those assets that could be exploited by attackers.
Step Three: Monitor for Threats & Malicious Behavior
Your USM Anywhere account is the control center for your hybrid cloud security. As soon as you log in, you see trends, dashboards, and alarms that simplify and accelerate your threat detection and incident response activities across your critical infrastructure.
USM Anywhere provides security monitoring of both your cloud and on-premises infrastructure, so all your security-related data is readily available in a single pane of glass.
Step Four: Analyze & Store Log Data in USM Anywhere
USM Anywhere collects, analyzes, and stores security-related log data from your cloud and on-premises infrastructure, including cloud access logs, VPC flow logs, asset access logs, and VMware access logs.
USM Anywhere’s advanced Search and Analysis interface allows you to quickly search and filter security- related data in highly granular ways, to pivot on selected data, and to generate compliance-ready custom report views. This makes it faster and easier to investigate incidents and to manage your overall security and compliance needs.
Step Five: Take Action to Defend Against Emerging Threats
USM Anywhere provides a single point of advanced security analysis, threat detection, incident investigation, and security orchestration.
With built-in Automated Action Response, you can automate your investigation and response activities by launching application actions based on threat data analyzed in USM Anywhere, create custom alarms, and decide when to supress noisy or false-positive alarms.
AlienVault Federation: A Better Approach
The Advantages of the AlienVault USM Federated Approach Include:
- COST: The “pay as you grow” model of the AlienVault USM federated architecture enables you to minimize costs upfront and as you grow your customer base.
- QUALITY OF SERVICE: AlienVault‘s federated architecture is designed to isolate and prevent any issues affecting one of your customers to affect the quality of service (QoS) delivered to the rest of your customers.
- DEPLOYMENT FLEXIBILITY: AlienVault USM gives you the ability to offer your customers the right-sized solution they need for their environment and budget. With role-based access controls (RBAC), you can determine the correct level of visibility and control for each customer deployment.
- EASE OF USE: With USM Central, you can efficiently monitor all security activities across your customers’ environments and instantly click-through on any alarm to the individual AlienVault USM deployment, so you can investigate and respond quickly.
- DATA MANAGEMENT: With USM Anywhere, each customer’s data is stored in its own dedicated container, completely isolated from other customers’ data. Whereas multi-tenancy is prone to data leakage and breakage that can affect multiple customer accounts, single-tenancy ensures that all customers’ data is kept separate and leak-proof.
- DATA PRIVACY & COMPLIANCE: USM Anywhere and USM Central have been attested as compliant to PCI DSS, SOC 2, and HIPAA, giving you confidence in AlienVault’s ability to secure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your data and your customers’ data.
Get Started with the AlienVault MSSP Partner Program Today!
Become an AlienVault MSSP Partner today! Join hundreds of leading global MSSPs that are building successful and profitable managed security service offerings with AlienVault USM. As an AlienVault MSSP, you’ll have access to: