AlienVault Launches Technical Advisory Board
Security and Open Source Luminaries Join to Help Startup Lead Innovation in Unified Security Management
SAN FRANCISCO – August 22, 2012 – AlienVault, the only open and collaborative Unified Security Management platform to deliver built-in controls and full visibility, announced today the formation of its Technical Advisory Board (TAB) made up of open source and global technology leaders and entrepreneurs who share a rich history in information security, enterprise-class computing and open source communities.
AlienVault’s TAB will play an important role in the evolution of AlienVault’s technology roadmap, user and community experience, and new innovations. The group will also be an invaluable source of varied insights and opinions on global industry trends. Each of its members share the company’s passion for a collaborative approach to security and its mission for Unified Security Management.
The AlienVault Technical Advisory Board includes:
- Jono Bacon, Community Manager at Ubuntu
- Matt Bishop, Computer Science Professor at The University of California at Davis
- Daniel Cid, Founder and Lead Developer at OSSEC, CTO at Sucuri
- Mike Dahn, Faculty Member at IANS
- Luca Deri, Principal at ntop
- Rocky DeStefano, Executive, Visible Risk Faculty, IANS
- Gordon “Fyodor” Lyon, Founder and CTO of the Nmap Security Scanner Project
- Raffael Marty, Founder of PixlCloud
- Dave Shackleford, Senior VP of Research and CTO at IANS, SANS Senior Instructor
- Alan Shimel, CEO at The CISO Group
“It is an incredible honor to welcome these distinguished technologists to our new Technical Advisory Board. We have long admired their work and individual contributions to the fields of information security and open source, and believe strongly that this group has the ability to do exceptionally positive things,” said Dominique Karg, AlienVault founder & Chief Hacking Officer. “The success of AlienVault and our mission for Unified Security Management relies heavily on our engagement with our users and our community, as well as on our continued innovation. Together with our TAB, I believe we can make major strides in fundamentally changing how people think and practice security.”
- Learn more about each of AlienVault’s TAB members.
- Learn more about Unified Security Management.
- Download OSSIM or visit the OSSIM community.
- Read the latest blog post from the AlienVault Labs team.