It was a busy week in the world of security with many people wondering if Twitter had been hacked when they saw many verified accounts posting spam.
Luckily it turned out that Twitter was secure, and the compromise occurred at a third party. Serving as another reminder of the importance of third party and supply chain security.
Other interesting news articles from the week included:
- What if your life depended on secure code
- Phishing exercises without the “ish”
- Robert Mercer: the big data billionaire waging war on mainstream media
- Oscar envelopes explained: how presenters get winning names
- Vice News YouTube video commenter set for retrial over 'menacing' posts
- Cop blocked: uber app thwarted arrests of its drivers by fooling police with “ghost cars”
- Attacking machine learning with adversarial examples
- The Dark web has shrunk by 85%
- Lets Encrypt are enabling the bad guys, and why they should.
- Tim Berners-Lee, who invented the World Wide Web, now wants to save it