The USM Central web user interface (UI) provides access to your connected deploymentEntire process involved in installation, configuration, startup, and testing of hardware and software in a specific environment. so you can manage its security. From the USM Central web UI, you can view all essential information, like alarmsAlarms provide notification of an event or sequence of events that require attention or investigation., vulnerabilitiesA known issue or weakness in a system, procedure, internal control, software package, or hardware that could be used to compromise security., and configuration issuesAn identified configuration of software that is deployed, or features of software that is in use, which is known to be insecure., about each deployment. This interface enables you to connect existing deployments or create new ones. You can also create new users in the USM Central instance.
For the USM Central web UI to load successfully, it needs to access some external URLs in addition to the one reserved for the USM Central instance. If your company operates in a highly secure environment, you must change permissions on your firewall for USM Central to gain access. The following table summarizes the URLs that the USM Central web UI uses.
|<your USM Central subdomain>.alienvault.cloud||443||USM Central ongoing communication|
|api-iam.intercom.io||443||USM Central in-product announcements|
|cdn.amplitude.com||8080||USM Central telemetry data collection|
|events.split.io||443||USM Central feature flags|
|sdk.split.io||8080||USM Central feature flags|
|www.google-analytics.com||443||USM Central website traffic analysis|
The USM Central web UI runs in any standard web browsers. When you first log in, it displays the Alarms main page.
The primary menu at the top of the page provides access to the main functions and operations of USM Central:
- USM Central: Displays a list of connected deployments. Select a deployment in the list to open the console for the deployment in another browser tab or page.
- Alarms: Access search, sorting, filtered selection, and visualization of alarms. See Alarms Management for more information.
- Vulnerabilities: Access search, sorting, filtered selection, and visualization of vulnerabilities. See Vulnerabilities for more information.
- Configuration Issues: Access search, sorting, filtered selection, and visualization of configuration issues. See Configuration Issues for more information.
- Settings: Access options to view and manage connected deployments. This option also enables you to manage users. See View Deployments for more information.
- Reports: Provides display and management of reports which are the result of export data that you can find in alarms, vulnerabilities, and configuration issues. You can also choose the format of the report (PDF and CSV).
Note: Either the admin IP address or the virtual private network (VPN) endpoint IP address must be routable from the browser for the link to work.
The secondary menu at the upper-right of the page provides access to your user profile information, the help link, and bookmarked items:
- The icon enables you to see and access alarms, vulnerabilities, and configuration issues that you bookmarked for easy access. The number on the icon indicates the number of items bookmarked.
- The icon provides a direct communication with the USM Central team.
- The icon includes these options:
- The icon shows your profile settings. You can change your full name, update your password, enable Using Multi-Factor Authentication (MFAA method of access control in which a user is granted access only after successfully presenting several separate pieces of evidence to an authentication mechanism – typically at least two of the following categories: knowledge, possession, and inherence.) for the account. See Managing Your Profile Settings for more information.