Assuming the Manager role, you can modify several items for the account of another user. For example, if users are unable to log inLog in (verb): Process in which an individual gains access to a computer system after providing sufficient credentials to authenticate their unique identity. Login (noun): User credentials, typically a username and matching password. because they forgot their password or no longer have an authenticationProcess used to verify the identity of a user, user device, or other entity, usually through a username and password. mobile device, you can perform a reset for their account.
To edit a user account
Go to Settings > Users to open the page that displays the list of user accounts in your USM Anywhere environment.
Note: Sometimes a displays in the Status column. This icon means that the user account is locked for 30 minutes after 3 failed login attempts within 15 minutes. You can unlock the account by sending the user a password reset email (see Send Password Reset below).
If your own user account is locked, you can wait 30 minutes and try again or contact AT&T Cybersecurity Technical Support for assistance.
- In the row for the user account, click the icon.
Make changes to the account parameters, as needed.
Note: If you click the of your own user, the Profile page displays. See Managing Your Profile Settings for more information.
- Change the email address for the account.
- Change the full name for the account.
- Change the role for the account. See Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) in USM Anywhere for more information
- Change the status for the account. If you need to temporarily disable a user account, you can set the status to Disabled. This is a best practice for revoking access and usually a better alternative to deleting a user account.
- Click Send Password Reset to reset the password for the user. When you do a password reset, the user receives an email with a link to set a new password for the account.
- Click Reset Multi-Factor Authentication to reset the code used to pair a mobile device with the account. See Using Multifactor Authentication for more information.
- Select Enable Multi-Factor Authentication to enable MFA. See Using Multifactor Authentication for more information.
- Click Save.