USM Central implements role-based access control (RBAC)Describes authentication and authorization scheme in which access to functionality is based on the privileges or permissions associated with the group or role a user is a member of., which provides users with:
- the ability to restrict certain users from accessing administrative capabilities like adding new users.
- predefined rolesTasks and responsibilities based on job description and position within an organization. A user's role is often used to define access to functionality and privileges to perform specific tasks and operations. that range from read-only access to full administrative capabilities so managers can easily select the appropriate role for a new user.
There are three roles in USM Central:
- Read-Only: You can access views and search the system, but cannot make system changes that impact other users.
- Analyst: You can view and search the system and perform all the same tasks as the Read-Only role, and also view alarms.
- Manager: This role enables Analyst permissions and also allows you to update deployments, add or configure credentials for users, and view alarms.
|Section||Action||Read-Only User||Analyst User||Manager User|
|System||Read System Events|
|Update My Status|
|Update My Security and Preferences||(Self only)||(Self only)||(All users)|
* Analysts with Select Deployment access will not have access to this function.