After you have initialized your new USM Anywhere Sensor and you have configured it in the Setup Wizard, you can start using it. See these links for more information:
- USM Anywhere Deployment Process
- Complete the AWS Sensor Setup
- Complete the Azure Sensor Setup
- Complete the GCP Sensor Setup
- Complete the Hyper-V Sensor Setup
- Complete the VMware Sensor Setup
Once you click the Start Using USM Anywhere button, the page for entering the login and the password displays:
Keep in mind these points when you are logging in:
- USM Anywhere requires all passwords to have a minimum length of 8 characters and a maximum length of 128 characters.
- The password must contain numerical digits (0–9).
- The password must contain uppercase letters (A–Z).
- The password must contain lowercase letters (a–z).
- Special characters, such as hyphen (-) and underscore ( _ ) are supported but optional.
Note: USM Anywhere passwords expire after 90 days. When your password expires, USM Anywhere enforces a password change when you next log in to the system using the current (now expired) password. A new password must be different from the previous four passwords.
The messages you can have are these:
- Password successfully updated. Please log in with your new password.
- Your session has expired.
- The username or password you entered is incorrect.
- The server responded incorrectly.
- There was an error with your security token. Try refreshing your page or contact support.
There are three roles in USM Anywhere:
- Read-Only: You can access views and search the system, but cannot make system changes that impact other users.
- Analyst: You can view and search the system, schedule jobs, launch actionsIn USM Anywhere you can execute an action from alarms, events, and vulnerabilities to run a scan, get forensic information, or execute a response for a configured AlienApp., configure rules, and configure assetAn IP-addressable host, including but not limited to network devices, virtual servers, and physical servers. credentials. But you cannot add or modify sensor configurations; configure credentials for AlienAppAlienApps extend the threat detection and security orchestration capabilities of the USM Anywhere platform to other security tools that your IT team uses, providing a consolidated approach to threat detection and response., notificationCommunication of an important event, typically through an email message or other desktop display. In USM Appliance, notifications are typically triggered by events, policies, and correlation directives, and in USM Anywhere, they are typically triggered by notification rules or directly from alarms. apps, and threat intelligenceEvidence-based knowledge, including context, mechanisms, indicators, implications and actionable advice about an existing or emerging hazard to assets that can be used to inform decisions regarding the subject's response to that hazard. integrations; or add users.
- Manager: This role enables analyst permissions, and enables you to add or modify sensor configurations; configure credentials for AlienApps, notification apps, and threat intelligence integrations; and add users.
Important: There is a maximum number of sessions per user. Users whose role is Manager can log in to USM Anywhere from up to three different browsers at the same time. Users whose role is Analyst or Read-Only can log in to USM Anywhere from up to two different browsers at the same time.
See USM Anywhere User Management for all the information related to users.