USM Anywhere enables you to create and customize your own dashboards with the widgets and content you need. In this example, you will create a dashboard with a widget that displays events from a specific sensor.
USM Anywhere provides some widgets for events out of the box (for example, Events by Application, Events by Severity, or Events by Source, to name a few). However, there is no widget for events from a specific sensor. If you want to show events from a specific sensor on your dashboard, you can create a custom widget by using a saved event view.
To create a widget for events from a specific sensor, you first need to filter the events and save them in a view.
To save a view for events from a specific sensor
- Go to Activity > Events.
Locate the Sensor filter on the left and click the sensor you want to view the events.
The page reloads showing the events originated from this sensor.
- (Optional.) Add or adjust filters to limit the view further.
- When you are satisfied, select Save View > Save as.
- Enter a name for this view.
- Select Share View if you want to share your view with other users.
- Click Save.
You will use this name in the next procedure.
Edition: Creating custom dashboard isavailable in the Standard and Premium editions of USM Anywhere.
See https://cybersecurity.att.com/pricing for more information about the features and support provided by each of the USM Anywhere editions.
You can now use the saved view in a widget on a custom dashboard.
To create a custom dashboard
- Go to any dashboard.
- Click Create Custom Dashboard.
- Enter a title for your dashboard.
- Use the Share Dashboard box for sharing your custom dashboard. This option is disabled by default. See Example: Creating a Custom Widget on Dashboards for more information.
- Add the number of rows you need and select the number of columns you want for each row, between 1 and 4. You can select the row height (small, medium, or large) for each column.
Your custom dashboard is created and displayed. The page appears empty because you have not selected any widget yet.
- On the widget that you want to configure, click the icon.
- From the Widget Type list, select Events to display more options.
In the Widget Data search field, enter events over time and click the Events over Time widget.
The title field is automatically populated with the name of the widget. You can change the title if you want.
From the Saved View Filter (Optional) list, select the view you have saved in the previous procedure.
The page reloads displaying the widget you just configured.
The Edit Widget dialog box opens.