- Microsoft Hyper-V Manager or Virtual Machine Manager 2012 R2.
- 4 cores and 12 GB of memory dedicated to the Hyper-V.
- 150 GB of disk space.
- Set a static IP address of the network interface used for Management, Log Collection, and Network Scanning.
- Internet connectivity.
- Network topology information available to run asset discovery.
- Port mirroring setup for network monitoring.
- Have administrative credentials for authenticated asset scans.
- Have administrative credentials for your devices (Log forwarding).
- (Optional) Access to a span port to monitor network traffic for IDS.
Hyper-V Sensor Deployment
See Hyper-V Sensor Deployment for the detailed information about how to deploy a Hyper-V Sensor. The main steps are outlined below:
1 Install Sensor
See Create the Hyper-V Virtual Machine for more information.
2 Connect Sensor to USM Anywhere
After deploying the sensor, you must connect it to through registration and configure the initial login credentials.
See Connect the Hyper-V Sensor to USM Anywhere for more information.
3 Launch the Setup Wizard
See Complete the Hyper-V Sensor Setup for more information.
4 Start using USM Anywhere
See USM Anywhere User Guide for more information.