Microsoft Hyper-V is a hypervisor that lets you create and manage a virtualized computing environment by using virtualization technology that is built into Windows Server. Through Hyper-V, you can deploy a USM Anywhere Sensor in any of the virtual networks that you want to instrument for threat monitoring.
AT&T Cybersecurity provides a package containing the following files to deploy a USM Anywhere Sensor on Hyper-V:
- A disk image file:
- An XML document:
- The hard disk images files:
If your organization uses multiple subnets to allow communication between headquarters and remote offices, you do not need a sensor for each subnet. However, you will need a Hyper-V Sensor for each physical location that you want to monitor.
Note: For further information about Hyper-V, see the Microsoft TechNet website (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt169373(v=ws.11.aspx).
Deployment Process Overview
The deployment process for an initial USM Anywhere Sensor on Hyper-V consists of these primary tasks:
- Review requirements for a Hyper-V Sensor deployment
- Create, configure, and start the Hyper-V virtual machine
- Configure the sensor on the virtual machine
- Register the new sensor with your sensor authentication code to provision the USM Anywhere instance and connect the deployed sensor
- Complete your Hyper-V Sensor configuration, including initial asset discovery
Related Video Content
To view other related training videos, click here.