Microsoft Hyper-V is a hypervisor that lets you create and manage a virtualized computing environment by using virtualization technology that is built into Microsoft Windows Server. Through Hyper-V, you can deploy a USM Anywhere Sensor in any of the virtual networks that you want to instrument for threat monitoring.
If your organization uses multiple subnets to allow communication between headquarters and remote offices, you do not need a sensor for each subnet. However, you will need a Hyper-V Sensor for each physical location that you want to monitor.
Note: See the Microsoft TechNet website (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt169373(v=ws.11.aspx) for more information about Hyper-V.
Deployment Process Overview
The deployment process for an initial USM Anywhere Sensor on Hyper-V consists of these primary tasks:
- Review requirements for a Hyper-V Sensor deployment
- Create, configure, and start the Hyper-V virtual machine
- Configure the sensor on the virtual machine
- Register the new sensor with your sensor authentication code to provision the USM Anywhere instance and connect the deployed sensor
- Complete your Hyper-V Sensor configuration, including initial asset discovery
Related Video Content
To view other related training videos, click here.