After deploying the sensor, you must connect it to USM Anywhere through registration.
You perform this procedure after deploying the USM Anywhere Sensor within your VMware environment. You can acquire the IP address when you set your management interface settings in the sensor console.
To register your sensor
Open a web browser and enter the IP address.
This opens the Welcome to USM Anywhere Sensor Setup page, which prompts you to provide the information for registering the sensor with your new USM Anywhere instance.
- Enter a Sensor Name and Sensor Description.
Paste the authentication code into the field with the Key ( ).
USM Anywhere Customers:
- If this is your first sensor, use the authentication code (starts with a "C") received from AT&T Cybersecurity.
- If this isn't your first sensor, you must generate the authentication code (starts with an "S") yourself. Follow instructions in Add a New Sensor instead.
Click Start Setup to start the process of connecting the USM Anywhere Sensor.
The provisioning of your USM Anywhere instance upon registration of your initial sensor takes about 20 minutes. When this instance is provisioned and running, you’ll see a welcome message that provides an access link.
Use this link to open the secured web console for your USM Anywhere instance. You and the other USM Anywhere users in your organization can access this console from a web browser on any system with internet connectivity.
Note: If this is your first deployment, you'll also receive an email from AT&T Cybersecurity that provides the access link to USM Anywhere.
When you link to a newly-provisioned USM Anywhere instance, you must configure the password for the initial user account. This is the default administrator as defined in your subscription.
To configure login credentials
In the welcome message, click the link.
This displays a prompt to set the password to use for the default administrator of USM Anywhere.
Enter the password, then enter it again to confirm.
Keep in mind these points when you are logging in:
- USM Anywhere requires all passwords to have a minimum length of 8 characters and a maximum length of 128 characters.
- The password must contain numerical digits (0–9).
- The password must contain uppercase letters (A–Z).
- The password must contain lowercase letters (a–z).
- Special characters, such as hyphen (-) and underscore ( _ ) are supported but optional.
Note: USM Anywhere passwords expire after 90 days. When your password expires, USM Anywhere enforces a password change when you next log in to the system using the current (now expired) password. A new password must be different from the previous four passwords.
- Click Save & Continue.
When the login page appears, enter the password you just set, and click Login.
To configure your USM Anywhere VMware Sensor, see Complete the VMware Sensor Setup.