The Setup Wizard helps first-time users configure USM Anywhere Sensor capabilities within minutes. Its simple, step-by-step workflow guides you through the basic elements for getting your USM Anywhere environment up and running.
- Asset discovery and authenticated scans Authenticated scans are performed from inside the machine using a user account with appropriate privileges.
- Network monitoring
- Log management
But, before you can start seeing all of your events, there are certain configurations within your network that must be in place to ensure that USM Anywhere is receiving all of your relevant event logs:
- Network firewall Virtual or physical device designed to defend against unauthorized access to data, resources, or a private network. A firewall’s primary purpose is to create segregation between two or more network resources, blocking undesirable traffic between them. allows communication with USM Anywhere
- Operating systems forward all relevant logs to USM Anywhere
For more information, see the following topics, depending on your operating systems and network infrastructure:
- Configure Network Interfaces for On-Premises Sensors
- Port Mirroring Configuration on Network Devices
- Direct Traffic from Your Physical Network to the VMware Sensor
- Granting Access to Active Directory for USM Anywhere
- Collecting Linux System Logs
- Collecting Windows System Logs
- System Settings for Authenticated Scans
Related Video Content
To view other related training videos, click here.