AlienVault Reports Record Growth in 2014
Company Grew 65 Percent Year-Over-Year; More Than 1,500 Commercial Customers; Expands EMEA operations
San Mateo, California – February 11, 2015 – AlienVault™, the leading provider of Unified Security Management™ solutions and crowd-sourced threat intelligence, today announced it ended 2014 with unprecedented momentum. The company closed out the year with more than 65 percent year-over-year sales growth and increased its install base to over 1,500 commercial customers. AlienVault’s new customer wins came from a broad range of industries around the globe, ranging from mid-sized companies, regional banks, retail, healthcare organizations and universities to large government agencies such as Columbia University, Highline College, Peet’s Coffee & Tea, Save Mart, New York State Olympic Regional Development Authority (NYS ORDA) and the State of Wyoming.
AlienVault attributes its 2014 momentum to increased deployments of its Unified Security Management (USM) platform, a comprehensive and affordable threat detection and incident response solution, which leverages the AlienVault Open Threat Exchange™ (OTX), the world’s largest crowd-sourced threat intelligence network. In January 2014, AlienVault integrated OTX into Spiceworks, giving millions of IT professionals access to the real-time global threat data they need to defend against threats to their networks.
“With the increasing sophistication and frequency of today’s data breaches and the corresponding financial impact on a company’s business operations, it is apparent that threat detection and response is no longer a luxury but a must-have for any organization,” said Barmak Meftah, president and CEO of AlienVault. “The security concerns of all organizations are the same - quickly detect and mitigate the impact of a breach. However most organizations do not have the means – financial, people or technology – to effectively defend their environment. AlienVault uniquely addresses this challenge by delivering an affordable, pre-integrated platform that combines all the essential security capabilities with actionable security intelligence and correlations from our research team and OTX, enabling organizations to effectively detect and deflect targeted attacks in a timely manner.”
“The growth we saw in 2014 is further evidence of the accelerating demand for a different and proven solution that enables organizations of all types and sizes to quickly detect and mitigate the impact of a breach,” continued Meftah.
AlienVault’s 2014 growth was also fueled by:
- Partnerships: AlienVault tripled the number of MSSP partners using USM as a platform for their service offering ending 2014 with 65 MSSPs. The company also established partnerships with DLT Solutions, GoGrid, Spiceworks and expanded into Japan through a partnership with FUJITSU SOCIAL SCIENCE LABORATORY LIMITED. AlienVault also added a number of new OTX partner members including Cegeka, GoGrid, Netflow Logic, Onsight, Risk I/O and ThreatStop.
- International Expansion: AlienVault expanded its EMEA operations with the opening of a Sales and Technical Support Center in Cork, Ireland. The Cork office is already on track to exceed the company’s original forecasted growth of 40 employees in 2015.
- Recognition: AlienVault was the only vendor placed in the Visionaries quadrant of Gartner’s 2014 Magic Quadrant for Security Information and Event Management (SIEM). The company was selected by AlwaysOn as an “OnDemand 100” and “Global 250” winner. AlienVault was also named to Deloitte’s 2014 “Technology Fast 500” list of the fastest-growing companies in North America, and it was named to Silicon Valley Business Journal’s “Fast 50” list of the fastest growing companies in the region.
- Product Updates: AlienVault updated OTX in July to include OTX ThreatFinder, a free service enabling security professionals to more easily analyze network ecosystems for compromised systems and malicious communication. In 2014, AlienVault added 16,000 OTX Account members.
- Leadership: Andy Johnson, former HP executive, joined AlienVault to drive our strategic alliances and business development efforts. Technology industry veteran Mike Bennett joined the company’s Advisory Board as a senior industry advisor. AlienVault Labs Director Jaime Blasco was recently appointed to Vice President and Chief Scientist.
- Learn more about AlienVault
- Learn more about Unified Security Management and the Open Threat Exchange
- Subscribe to AlienVault’s blogs
- Follow AlienVault on Twitter @alienvault