In USM Central, reports can generated for a single use, or they can be scheduled to run at recurring intervals. Once a report has been saved, it can be access and modified at any time from the
When you click on the Generate Report button in the UI will draft a report form using the filters currently displayed from the page view.
Report Parameters and Features
The report templates are broken into two sections: the Parameters & Export Settings and the Format Options. When you create a new report or edit an existing one, you can customize each section to your own needs.
Parameters & Export Settings
- Current Filters — Specify the filters for the information to be displayed. Click the Edit Filters button to change the filters from the main UI page.
- Format — Choose whether to export the information as a CSV, or PDF file. Only PDF files can use the Graphs feature in the Format Output section.
- Repeat — Define the frequency at which the report is generated in the Saved Reports page and emailed out to the contacts listed. Select Never if you don't want a recurring report to be run.
- First Run Date — The first date the scheduled reports will begin being generated. (Scheduled reports only.)
- Repeat On — Select which days the report will be generated. (Weekly, Bi-weekly, or Monthly scheduled reports only.)
- Time — Select what time the report will be generated for the days selected. (Scheduled reports only.)
- Date Range — Define the date range of what the filtered content will show in the report.
- Email Report — Enter any email addresses you would like the report to be sent to. Multiple addresses can be separated by a comma and a space.
- Enable Link Expiration — Click the checkbox if you would like the download link in the emails to expire after 14 days.
- Report Name — The name you want to use for the report. This name will be displayed in the Saved Reports page.
- Report Description — An optional description of the report. This will be included in emails.
- Record Limit — The maximum number of records to be contained in the report.
- Graphs — Here you can add or remove graphs to the reports if you have chosen PDF as your output format. Click the arrow buttons to add or remove graphs in the right table to be included with the reports.
Generate a Report
Reports can be created from pages by clicking the Generate Report button. If saved, these reports will be retained on the Saved Reports page.
To create a report
- Go to the Activity or Environment page you want to create a report for.
- Select the filters you want to be used for the report.
Click the Generate Report button to open the Configure Report window.
- Click Edit Filters to add any additional filters you want to include in the report.
- Under the Format section, select either CSV or PDF for the format of the report.
Under Repeat, click the dropdown to select how often you want the scheduled report to be generated. If you don't want the report to be recurring, leave the selection as Never.
If you have selected a time interval for recurring reports to be generated, the First Run Date, Repeat On, and Time sections will show up below the Repeat section.
- In the First Run Date field, Select the day you want the first report to be generated.
- In the Repeat On section, click the days of the week you want the report to run on if you've selected the Weekly or Bi-weekly option, or select the day of the month if you selected Monthly.
- In the Time section, select the UTC time you want the reports to be run on the days they're generated.
- Select the date range for the information included on the report. You can select a predefined range of Last Hour, Last 24 Hours, Last 7 Days, Last 30 Days, or you can also set your own date range by clicking the icon.
- In the Email Addresses section, enter the email addresses of the people you want the report to be sent to when it is generated. Select Enable link expiration if you want the link to the report to expire after 14 days.
- Click Next to go to the Format Output section of the report.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the report. This name will be displayed in the Saved Reports page. You also have the option to add description that will be included in the generated emails when it is run.
- For the Number of Records, choose the maximum number of records to be included on the report.
- If you have chosen the PDF format, you will see the Graphs section. Use this section to include additional views. You can add or remove graphs included in the report by clicking the and the icons.
- Select Save & Run to save your report and run it, or select Run if you don't wish to deep the report in your Saved Reports page.