When you configure HP MSM Integrated Controller to send log data to USM Appliance, you can use the HP MSM Integrated Controller plugin to translate raw log data into normalized events for analysis. The table below provides some basic information for the plugin:
|Device Type||Network Discovery|
|Data Source Name||Hp-msm-controller|
|Data Source ID||1908|
Integrating HP MSM Integrated Controller
Before you configure the HP MSM Integrated Controller integration, you must have the IP Address of the USM Appliance Sensor.
To configure HP MSM Integrated Controller to send Syslog messages to USM Appliance
- Log in to the HP MSM Integrated Controller.
- Select Tools.
- Select Remote Log.
- Click on Add New Logging Entry...
- Configure the Remote syslog server as follows:
- Name: A name to identify the USM Appliance Sensor
- Server Address: The USM Appliance Sensor IP Address
- Protocol: UDP
- Port: 514
- Facility: Local1
- Message prefix: Leave blank
- Source: All
- Click Save.
For plugin enablement information, see Enable Plugins.
Additional Resources and Troubleshooting
For troubleshooting, see the vendor documentation.