When you configure Cisco Meraki to send log data to USM Appliance, you can use the Cisco Meraki plugin to translate raw log data into normalized events for analysis. The table below provides some basic information for the plugin:
|Device Type||Wireless Access Point|
|Data Source Name||Cisco Meraki|
|Data Source ID||1695|
Integrating Cisco Meraki
To configure Cisco Meraki to send log data to
- Open your Meraki dashboard.
- Select a device.
- Select Alerts & Administration.
- Scroll down to the Logging section and click Add a syslog server.
- Type the IP address of your
- Type port number 514.
- Choose which types of events to export:
- Event Log —The messages from the dashboard under Monitor > Event Log.
- Flows — Inbound and outbound traffic flow-generated syslog messages that include the source, destination, and port numbers.
- URL— HTTP GET requests generating syslog entries.
Note: You can direct each type of traffic to a different syslog server.
For plugin enablement information, see Enable Plugins.
Additional Resources and Troubleshooting
For troubleshooting, refer to the vendor documentation: