|Applies to Product:||USM Appliance™||AlienVault OSSIM®|
You can enable up to 100 plugins on a USM Appliance Sensor from the USM Appliance web UI or from the AlienVault Console.
The USM Appliance web UI provides the fastest way to enable plugins on the sensor, particularly, if you have USM Appliance All-in-One.
To enable a plugin on the sensor configuration page in the USM Appliance web UI
- In the USM Appliance web UI, go to Configuration > Deployment > Components > AlienVault Center.
- Click one of the USM Appliance Sensors.
Click Sensor Configuration > Collection.
- Move a plugin from one side to the other in either of these ways:
The left column of the Sensor Configuration page shows the enabled plugins. The right column shows the plugins available for enablement.
- Drag a plugin from one column to the other.
- Use the links [+] or [-] next to a specific item.
You can enable all plugins on the sensor from the AlienVault Console. However, you may find it's faster to enable plugins through the USM Appliance web UI, if you have USM Appliance All-in-One.
To enable plugins from the AlienVault Console
Connect to the AlienVault Console through SSH and use your credentials to log in.
The AlienVault Setup menu displays.
- Select Configure Sensor.
- Select Configure Data Source Plugins.
- Use the keyboard arrow keys to move to the plugin, select the plugin by pressing the spacebar, and then press Enter (<OK>).
- Press <Back> until you are on the AlienVault Setup menu again. Select Apply all Changes.
Press <Yes> to confirm.
USM Appliance applies the changes and restarts all the services, which may take several minutes.
- Configure rsyslog and logrotate. For instructions, see Configure the USM Appliance Sensor to Receive Logs Through Syslog.
Note: If you want to confirm that the correct plugin has been enabled, jailbreak the system and open /etc/ossim/agent/config.cfg. The new plugin will appear inside the [plugins] section.