|Applies to Product:||USM Appliance™||AlienVault OSSIM®|
You should delete USM Appliance system logs and/or old event logs on a regular basis, otherwise the appliance may run out of space. Starting from version 5.2.1, USM Appliance adds a pre-check to its update-script so that the update fails if the machine does not have enough disk space.
To purge old system logs and/or clear system update caches
Connect to the AlienVault Console through SSH and use your credentials to log in.
The AlienVault Setup menu displays.
- Select Maintenance & Troubleshooting.
- Select Maintain Disk and Logs.
- Select Clear System Update Caches to remove the local repository of the downloaded package files.
- Alternatively, select Purge Old System Logs to remove the compressed (.gz) files in /var/log.
- Press Enter after the process completes.