USM Anywhere provides a simple way to include authenticated scansAuthenticated scans are performed from inside the machine using a user account with appropriate privileges. for scheduling using its web user interface (UI). See USM Anywhere Scheduler for more information.
To schedule an authenticated asset group scan job from the asset group details window
- Go to Environment > Asset Groups.
Click the icon you want to include in an asset scan and select Full Details.
- Select Actions > Schedule Scan Job.
The Schedule New Job dialog box opens.
- Enter a name for identifying the job.
- (Optional.) Enter a description.
- In the Action Type field, select Authenticated Asset Scanner.
- Select a sensor in case you have more than one installed.
- In the App Action field, Asset Group Scan is the default option.
- In the Asset Group field, you can either enter the asset group name or browse asset groups.
In the Schedule section, specify when USM Anywhere runs the job:
- Select the increment as Minute, Hour, Day, Week, Month, or Year.
Set the interval options for the increment.
The selected increment determines the available options. For example, on a weekly increment you can select the days of the week to run the job.
Or on a monthly increment you can specify a date or a day of the week that occurs within the month.
Set the start time.
This is the time that the job starts at the specified interval. It uses the time zone configured for your USM Anywhere instance (the default is Coordinated Universal Time [UTC]).
Important: USM Anywhere restarts the schedule on the first day of the month if the option "Every x days" is selected.
- Click Save.
The job now displays in the job scheduler list.
Note: See USM Anywhere Scheduler for more information.