USM Anywhere provides a simple way to include authenticated scansAuthenticated scans are performed from inside the machine using a user account with appropriate privileges. for scheduling using its web user interface (UI). See USM Anywhere Scheduler for more information.
To schedule an authenticated asset scan job from the asset details window
- Go to Environment > Assets.
- Next to the asset name that you want to include in an asset scan,
click the icon and select Full Details.
- Select Actions > Schedule Scan Job.
The Schedule New Job dialog box opens.
- Enter a name for identifying the job.
- (Optional.) Enter a description.
- In the Action Type field, select Authenticated Asset Scanner.
- Select a sensor in case you have more than one installed.
- In the App Action field, Scan is the default option. This option discovers services, operating systemsSoftware that manages computer hardware resources and provides common services for computer programs. Examples include Microsoft Windows, Macintosh OS X, UNIX, and Linux., hostnamesA hostname is a label that is assigned to a device connected to a computer network and is used to identify the device on the network., IP and MAC addressesA unique numeric value assigned by the manufacturer to identify a specific network device or computer, which allows communication over networks. Note that a device’s MAC address can be manipulated., and vulnerabilities of known hostsReference to a computer on a network..
- The Asset field displays the name of the asset to scan. You can't modify this field.
In the Schedule section, specify when USM Anywhere runs the job:
- Select the increment as Minute, Hour, Day, Week, Month, or Year.
Set the interval options for the increment.
The selected increment determines the available options. For example, on a weekly increment you can select the days of the week to run the job.
Or on a monthly increment you can specify a date or a day of the week that occurs within the month.
Set the start time.
This is the time that the job starts at the specified interval. It uses the time zone configured for your USM Anywhere instance (the default is Coordinated Universal Time [UTC]).
Important: USM Anywhere restarts the schedule on the first day of the month if the option "Every x days" is selected.
- Click Save.
Depending on the USM Anywhere Sensor that you have installed, this field can include different options.
The job now displays in the job scheduler list.
Note: See USM Anywhere Scheduler for more information.