USM Anywhere enables you to import several assetsAn IP-addressable host, including but not limited to network devices, virtual servers, and physical servers. from a CSV file. Use this option to add assets in large quantities to your environment from a single file. Keep in mind that this file needs to follow a specific format.
Warning: If the file does not follow the specific format, the assets will not be imported. See About the CSV File for more information.
To import assets from a CSV file
- Go to Environment > Assets.
- Click Actions > Import Assets to open the Import Assets dialog box.
- Drop your file or select the file from your desktop.
Once you select a file, the name of the file displays and the Import button is active.
- If you have more than one sensor configured in your environment, you need to select a sensor.
- Click Import and the process starts. You can see the status of the process, how many assets have been processed or are pending, or which assets were not imported. In the About the CSV File section, there is a table where you can see the import errors and the reasons for which an asset has not been imported.
Note: If there is an asset inside the CSV file that has the same IP address or fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of an asset that already exists in your environment, or if there are any fields that are not valid, the new asset is not added.
Note: When an import process starts and finishes, USM Anywhere generates system events. See Searching for System Events Related to an Asset Import Process for more information.
The CSV file must use this format, no other fields are allowed:
Asset Name;Description;Asset Type;PCI;HIPAA;IP Address,FQDN;IP Address,FQDN;[...]
[...] indicates that you can use "IP Address,FQDN" as many times as needed. If you need to skip a field, put two semicolons together leaving no space between them. For example:
test1;this is a test asset;;true;true;126.96.36.199
test2;this is a test asset;;true;false;188.8.131.52
test3;this is a test asset;;false;false;184.108.40.206,test3.alienvault.com;220.127.116.11
Important: Do not include a header line in the CSV file because it will result in an error of invalid format.
You need to provide an IP address or FQDN value valid for USM Anywhere.
|Example||Valid / Invalid|
Please note the following:
- There must be only one asset per row.
- You can import all the files you need, but only one at a time.
- The maximum number of network adapters per asset is limited to 30.
- The maximum number of lines in the CSV file is 200,000.
- The maximum size of the CSV file is 25 MB.
USM Anywhere generates system events when an import process starts and finishes.
To look for system events related to an import process
- Asset Import Process Finished: This option displays the system events generated when the assets import process from a CSV file finishes.
- Asset Import Process Started: This option displays the system events generated when the assets import process from a CSV file starts.
The result of your search displays.