When you configure Symantec EPM to send log data to USM Anywhere, you can use the Symantec EPM plugin to translate raw log data into normalized events for analysis. The table below provides some basic information for the plugin:
|Device Type||Endpoint Management|
Integrating Symantec EPM
Before you configure the Symantec EPM integration, you must have the IP Address of the USM Anywhere Sensor.
To configure Symantec EPM to send log data to the USM Anywhere Sensor
- In the console, click Admin.
- Click Servers.
- Click the local site or remote site that you want to export log data from.
- Click Configure External Logging.
- On the General2 tab, in the Update Frequency list box, select how often to send the log data to the file.
In the Master Logging Server list box, select the management server to send the logs to.
Note: If you use SQL Server and connect multiple management servers to the database, specify only one server as the Master Logging Server.
- Check Enable Transmission of Logs to a Syslog Server.
Provide the following information:
- Syslog Server: Enter the IP address or domain name of the USM Anywhere Sensor that you want to receive the log data.
- Destination Port: Select UDP as the protocol to use, and type 514 as the destination port that the USM Anywhere Sensor uses to listen for syslog messages.
Log Facility: Enter the number of the log facility that you want to the syslog configuration file to use, or use the default.
Valid values range from 0 to 23.
- On the Log Filter tab, select the logs you want to export. The Symantec EPM plugin can parse all these logs.
- Click OK.
For plugin enablement information, see Manual Integration Management.
Available Plugin Fields
The following plugin fields are important attributes extracted from the syslog message. The USM Anywhere reports use these fields, and you can also reference them when creating custom reports. In addition to reporting, the USM Anywhere correlation rules make use of these fields.
Additional Resources and Troubleshooting
For troubleshooting, refer to the vendor documentation: