When you configure Sophos UTM integration to send log data to USM Anywhere, you can use the Sophos UTM plugin to translate the raw log data into normalized events for analysis.
Integrating Sophos UTM
Before configuring the log collection, you must have the IP address of the USM Anywhere Sensor.
To configure Sophos UTM to send log data to USM Anywhere
- Log in to Sophos UTM's Web Admin interface.
- Go to Logging & Reporting > Log Settings > Remote Syslog Server.
- Activate the Remote Syslog status.
Configure a syslog server:
- Name: Enter a name.
- Server: Enter the IP address of the USM Anywhere Sensor
- Port: Enter UDP 514
- Click Save and then Apply.
For plugin enablement information, see Manual Integration Management.
Available Plugin Fields
The following plugin fields are important attributes extracted from the syslog message. The USM Anywhere reports use these fields, and you can also reference them when creating custom reports. In addition to reporting, the USM Anywhere correlation rules make use of these fields.
For troubleshooting, refer to the vendor documentation: