When you configure Carbon Black Cb Protection (formerly Bit9 Security Platform) integration to send log data to USM Anywhere, you can use the Cb Protection plugin to translate the raw log data into normalized events for analysis.
|Device vendor||Carbon Black|
|Device type||Cb Protection|
Cb Protection Integration
Before configuring the log collection, you must have the IP address of the USM Anywhere Sensor.
To configure CB Protection to send log data to USM Anywhere Sensor
- Log into the CB Protection console with Administrator or Power User privileges.
- On the CB Protection Console menu, click the configuration (gear) icon and choose System Configuration.
- On the System Configuration page, select the Events tab.
- At the bottom of the page, click the Edit button to open the External Event Logging panel.
Set the event logging parameters as follows:
- Select the Syslog Enabled check box.
- In the Syslog Address field, enter the IP address of your USM Anywhere Sensor.
- In the Syslog Port field, enter 514.
- Set the Syslog Format to Enhanced (RFC5424).
- Click Update and choose Yes in the confirmation dialog.
For plugin enablement information, see Manual Integration Management.
Available Plugin Fields
The following plugin fields are important attributes extracted from the syslog message. The USM Anywhere reports use these fields, and you can also reference them when creating custom reports. In addition to reporting, the USM Anywhere correlation rules make use of these fields.
For troubleshooting, refer to the vendor documentation: