You can configure a mirror port for a Check Point deployment that includes a Security Management Server, a gateway, and a SmartDashboard. The mirror port duplicates the network traffic and records the activity in logs.
Use these procedures to configure a Check Point Gateway Switch for port mirroring.
Connecting the Device
To configure the device
- Open the VMware Security Gateway.
From the command line, run
- Select Network Connections.
- Select Configure Connections.
Select the interface to configure as the mirror port.
This is the one that you connected.
- Select Define as connected to a mirror port.
Enable the Application Control blade in the SmartDashboard.
You can also enable the IPS blade to see IPS traffic.
Note: If you only want to enable the IPS blade, you must activate at least one HTTP protection.
- Install the Policy.
Verifying the Configuration
To verify the configuration
- Browse to any website, such as Google.
- Open SmartView Tracker.
- Verify that you see traffic from the blade you enabled.
To learn more about configuring a mirror port on a Check Point gateway, refer to the Check Point documentation on the vendor website.