To configure the AlienApp for Tenable.io in USM Anywhere, you need to have the Tenable host URL, access key, and secret key.
Set Up Your Tenable.io API
Before USM Anywhere can collect information from Tenable.io, you must first connect the AlienApp with the Tenable.io API.
To acquire API keys from Tenable.io
- Log in to Tenable.io Login Page using a valid user account.
This account must be a member of the Administrators role in Tenable.io.
- Generate the API keys according to the Generate API Keys.
- Copy the access key and secret key to your clipboard or a secure location.
You will need to enter them in USM Anywhere to configure the AlienApp.
Configure AlienApp for Tenable.io in USM Anywhere
To enable the AlienApp for Tenable.io
- In USM Anywhere, go to Data Sources > AlienApps.
- Click the Available Apps tab.
- Search for the AlienApp, and then click the tile.
- Click Configure API.
If you have more than one deployed USM Anywhere Sensor, select the sensor that you want to use for the enabled AlienApp.
AlienApps operate through a deployed sensor and use APIs to integrate with the connected third-party technology. Select the sensor that can access the integration endpoint. The HTTPS connections to the API will originate from this sensor, so it is important to make sure the sensor has network access to the AlienApp API endpoints.
Enter the host URL, access key, and key secret.
- Click Save.
AlienApp Log Collection
Once the AlienApp has been configured, you can choose to have USM Anywhere collect logs from the app on a regular basis.
To configure log collection for the AlienApp
- Go to Settings > Scheduler.
- In the Job Scheduler, search for the AlienApp on the sensor to which it was deployed.
In the enabled column, click the icon for the inactive collection job.
The icon turns green, and collection is enabled.
- (Optional.) Click the icon to customize the frequency of the event collection.