To configure the AlienApp for Qualys, you need to enter your Qualys username, password, and API URL in USM Anywhere.
Qualys API Configuration
To enable Qualys in USM Anywhere, you need an admin user account and password, and you need to enter your API URL in USM Anywhere. See Qualys' Identify your Qualys Platform documentation to learn how to get your API URL.
Configure AlienApp for Qualys in USM Anywhere
To enable the AlienApp for Qualys
- In USM Anywhere, go to Data Sources > AlienApps.
- Click the Available Apps tab.
- Search for the AlienApp, and then click the tile.
- Click Configure API.
If you have more than one deployed USM Anywhere Sensor, select the sensor that you want to use for the enabled AlienApp.
AlienApps operate through a deployed sensor and use APIs to integrate with the connected third-party technology. Select the sensor that can access the integration endpoint. The HTTPS connections to the API will originate from this sensor, so it is important to make sure the sensor has network access to the AlienApp API endpoints.
Enter the Qualys Username and Password, and the API URL.
(Optional.) Use the checkboxes to enable the AlienApp for Qualys to create and merge assets:
- Check Allow Automatic Creation of New Assets to enable Qualys scans to create new assets in USM Anywhere.
- Check Allow Automatic Merging of Existing Assets to enable USM Anywhere to run a match against the Qualys identification to merge the assets found with existing USM Anywhere assets.
Important: If you want to create new assets, you need to select both options, Allow Creation of New Assets and Allow Merging of Existing Assets, to prevent the duplication of assets. USM Anywhere won't create new assets if you only select one of the options.
See AlienApp for Qualys Asset Discovery and Management for more details on the asset creation and merging processes.
- Click Save.