Before AlienApp for GSG Select can connect to USM Anywhere, you need to submit a Move Add Change Delete (MACD) Change Request though the BusinessDirect® Web Portal.
To acquire AT&T Global Security Select (GSG) Select details
- Log in to the MACD BusinessDirect Web Portal using your Business Direct ID and password.
Request an admin account with the Client-AlienApp role.
Specify the account name and email address you want to associate with the role.
Once the MACD request is approved, you can view your login and password information in the MACD Business Direct Web Portal.
Use the details provided to access the Zscaler portal and obtain the base uniform resource identifier (URI) and API key to finish configuration in USM Anywhere.
To acquire Zscaler configuration details
- Log in to the Zscaler admin page using your Zscaler credentials.
Go to Administrastion > API Key Management.
The page displays the base URI and API key.
- Copy the base URI and key value to your clipboard or a secure location. You will need to enter them in USM Anywhere to configure the AlienApp.
To connect the GSG Select API to USM Anywhere
- In USM Anywhere, go to Data Sources > Integrations.
- Click the AlienApps tab.
On the AlienApps page, click the GSG Select tile.
If you have more than one deployed USM Anywhere Sensor, select the sensor that you want to use for the enabled AlienApp.
AlienApps operate through a deployed sensor and use APIs to integrate with the connected third-party technology. Select the sensor that can access the integration endpoint. The HTTPS connections to the API will originate from this sensor, so it is important to make sure the sensor has network access to the AlienApp API endpoints.
- Click Enable.
- Click the Settings tab.
Enter the information you collected previously:
- Base URI
- Password (provided from the BusinessDirect Web Portal MACD request)
- Zscaler API & Key
- Click Save.