The AlienApp for AT&T Cybersecurity Forensics and Response supports an extensive list of system-level functions that you can execute on a host system. Many of the most common data collection functions are included in the forensic profile actions or as standalone actions. You can also use the Launch Query action to specify any of the supported functions and any needed parameters for the function.
You can use the Launch Query action when you need to perform one of the following tasks:
- Create a scheduled Forensics and Response job
- Launch a Forensics and Response action from an alarm or event
- Create a Forensics and Response orchestration rule
- Run an action from the AlienApp for AT&T Cybersecurity Forensics and Response page
To define a query for the AlienApp for AT&T Cybersecurity Forensics and Response
- In USM Anywhere, go to Data Sources > AlienApps.
- Click the Available Apps tab.
- Search for the AlienApp, and then click the tile.
- Click the Actions tab.
Locate the Launch Query action and click Run.
This opens the Select Action dialog box.
- If needed, select the sensor on which the AlienApp is enabled to display more options.
Specify the asset that you want to use as a target for the action.
You can enter the name or IP address of the asset in the field to display matching items that you can select. Or you can click Browse Assets to open the Select Asset dialog box and browse the asset list to make your selection.
In the Query field, enter the function to perform.
- (Optional.) If the function requires parameters, use the Parameter fields to enter the values in order.