When you review the information in the Alarm Details, you can easily launch an action to send a request to Carbon Black EDR to isolate a compromised host. If you want to apply an action to similar events that occur in the future, you can also create an orchestration rule directly from the alarm.
Note: Before launching a Carbon Black EDR action, the AlienApp for Carbon Black EDR must be enabled and configured. See Configuring the AlienApp for Carbon Black EDR for more information.
To launch a Carbon Black EDR action for an alarm
- Go to Activity > Alarms.
- Click the alarm to open the alarm details.
Click Select Action.
In the Select Action dialog box, select the Carbon Black tile.
This displays the options for the selected response app.
- (Optional.) If you have more than one sensor where the AlienApp for Carbon Black EDR is enabled and configured, select the sensor that you want to use to execute the action.
Select the Location to be isolated.
- Source: Use this option to isolate the source endpoint of the alarm.
- Destination: Use this option to isolate the destination endpoint of the alarm.
- Any: Use this option to let the system search for the Carbon Black endpoints using the IP addresses in the alarm and isolate those that are identified.
After USM Anywhere initiates the action, a confirmation dialog box displays:
If you want to create a rule to apply the action to similar items that occur in the future, click Create rule for similar alarms and define the new rule. If not, click OK.