You can also sign up for OTX using an existing Twitter or Google+ account. In that case, OTX authenticates your login using your social media credentials and, in the case of Twitter, prompts you to enter your email address.
Note: When you sign up to use OTX using a social medial account, you may be prompted to update the version of Java running on your machine, if you have an older installed version.
To sign up with one of your social media accounts
1. Go to https://otx.alienvault.com.
2. In the upper right-hand corner of the home page, click Sign Up.
3. Click on the appropriate social media icon at the top of the page.
4. Authorize AlienVault to use your social media account credentials to create an OTX account.
- For a Twitter account, click Sign In.
- For a Google+ account, click Allow.
5. On the OTX Sign Up page, confirm that you want to sign up using your social media account.
- If you signed up through Google+, your email address is automatically entered and you need only type a username.
- If you signed up through Twitter, your username is automatically entered. Check that it is correct, and then enter your email address.
6. Click Sign Up.
OTX displays a web page informing you that a verification email with a link to OTX was sent to the email address you provided.
Note: If you do not receive the email message, send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Open the email message and click the link it contains to go to the confirmation page.
8. On the Confirmation page, verify that the email address is correct and click Confirm.
This takes you to the OTX Home page (https://otx.alienvault.com/dashboard/new/) where you will see all current pulse activity.